On June 29th, 2016 Grass Valley, achieved a deficiency-free inspection from the California Department of Social Services.
DES S surveys are not announced, making the community’s achievement even more impressive. Very few assisted living and memory care communities achieve a deficiency-free rating.
We at Cascade Living Group are proud of what this means for our residents and the care they receive. We could not have achieved this without our team of dedicated staff. We are thankful for the hard work and passion they bring each day in caring for our residents and families.
At Cascades of Grass Valley, our goal is to help every resident live a life of purpose and joy. To achieve this, older adults require a wealth of socially, mentally and physically enriching experiences. Seniors who stay active with others decline more slowly than those who become isolated and sedentary. That’s why our Life Enhancement Program is so important, and why we encourage everyone to participate. It includes:
- Physical Activities – Walking, yoga, conductorcise, bands and weights, games like Wii bowling, outdoor outings
- Intellectual Stimulation – Current events discussions, puzzles, technology classes, creative pursuits, guest speakers
- Socialization – Large and small group activities, resident-run functions, special interest clubs, community interactive events, hobby clinics, Family Night, special celebrations
- Philanthropic Ventures – Residents use their special skills and talents to share with others, contributing to the community and their own sense of purpose
- Spiritual Wellness – Multi-faith worship opportunities, Bible study
Goal to encourage everyone to have at least 1.2 liters a day. The Hydration Challenge aims to encourage everyone to increase their fluid intake gradually. Also to consider the health benefits of water intake avoiding high sugar drinks especially in between meals.
The body uses water to:
- To transport water-soluble nutrients to organs around the body.
- To transport toxins and waste products out of the body via urine.
- To send electrical messages between cells- for example, to allow organs to function, muscles to contract and relax, and eyes to focus on images.
- To control our body temperature and digest food.
- The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water in order to function efficiently; dehydration slows down the fat burning process.
- Water helps maintain muscle tone by assisting muscles with their ability to contract, and it lubricates your joints. Proper hydration can help reduce muscle soreness when exercising.
- Drinking water with a meal may make you feel fuller sooner and than satisfied with eating less.